Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bird by bird

Bird by bird was very interesting. I felt that it covered every aspect of developing the skills of writing. The author spoke about how she became a writer and how her father was the reason why she started writing. I can relate to this because my father is also the reason why I started to write. 

Also, she mentioned one of the students saying you can't teach us how to write. I agree to a certain extent, you can could give a person pointers of writing , but you can't necessarily teach a person to write because it's what's on their mind and how they choose to convey a message. But when she continued she said she would just let them know how she started writing. Which I personally feel is a good way of teaching.

As I continue to read I  thought these few chapters gave me a different insight of writing, and just by reading these couple chapters the way I think about writing has improved. I know writing it about details, but there is always places that you could potentially expend on. And I think by reading this it's put me in a place to know where I should expand and where I shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment