Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fiction packet

First I would like to talk about the mystery stories " the talking cat". I was really surprise when the man was talking about a cat that speaks it caught me off guard.  But the way he describes this cat makes it seem like it is a human instead of a cat, "I meet the cat and he extends on of his front paws to shake my hand", made it seem like the cat had manners. I like this because he made something that isn't realistic come alive, which made the story that much more intriguing.
Secondly, Walking the baby to the liquor store. When the story started off it didn't seem like he was going to even speak about a child but as the story continued he started to speak about how babies like to go  to the liquor store. Which made me wonder , because a baby doesn't even know what a liquor store is. I like the way he was looking from the baby's point of view instead of his.
Last, the Misdemeanors. This story was funny. The old man who robs a bowling alley for coins but makes himself seem so tough.  I think this story was inteaded to prove about about some of the things people do. Maybe to the old man he felt tough because he never did anything like that... but from an outsider looking in we don't see it as tough.

1 comment:

  1. ok, good thoughts here. Work on expanding your blog responses, say more, these are worth 20 pts each.

    grades: fiction pkt 1 14/20
    bird by bird 14/20

    ReplyDelete